Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
In this project, you will focus on the synthetic aspects of both material classes, working closely with other skilled scientists and engineers with complementary expertise in cleanroom manufacturing, sensor design, membrane separation, etc. The Center for Surface Chemistry and Catalysis constitutes an interdisciplinary team of eight professors focused on researching the chemistry of the solid-gas, solid-liquid, and solid-solid interphases. The Centre currently hosts over 120 PhD students, postdoctoral scholars and technicians and is internationally recognized for its expertise in gas and liquid phase catalysis, porous materials synthesis and characterization, adsorptive separations, and related challenges in chemistry and chemical engineering. For more information on prof. Rob Ameloot who leads this project, including ERC-awarded research and previous publications in top journals such as Nature Materials, Nature Chemistry, Advanced Materials, Angewandte Chemie, etc, please refer to http://amelootgroup.org/ (check out the video on our brand-new facilities!) and http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=8GN5hk8AAAAJ&hl=en
We are looking for:
- A highly motivated candidate with a strong academic record (publication list) and a PhD in Organic Chemistry or a related field in Science and Engineering.
- A candidate with a true passion for both chemistry and technology, willing to work in a high-tech environment as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Previous demonstrations of out-of-the-box thinking. Bonus points if you consider yourself a 'maker' and practical problem solver, we appreciate what you are doing!
- Since we are a highly international team, proficiency in both written and spoken English is non-negotiable.
- Preferred starting date: June-July 2017
- A different starting date can be discussed.
- Postdoctoral opportunity to leverage your organic synthetic skills in materials science
- Broaden your skill set by working at a leading scientific institution with dedicated professionals
- Outstanding career development and professional support
For more information, visit our website (click on our logo).
For more information about this job opportunity and submitting your application, please contact Prof. dr. ir. Rob Ameloot via email the button below and mention "Postdoc position in organic chemistry / materials" in the subject line. Include your CV, cover letter, publication list and all other information you consider relevant.
(PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION VIA EMAIL, NOT THE ONLINE KU LEUVEN SYSTEM)
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.