Postdoctoral Researcher in Finance
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
The postdoctoral researcher will be able to develop his/her own research agenda within one of the key research areas of the Department. Although candidates from all fields of finance can apply, a strong preference will be given to researchers in empirical corporate finance. Next to the traditional postdoctoral research activities (i.e. conducting research which aims to be published in high quality international journals, active participation at international conferences and seminars, coaching of PhD students within the field, etc.), the position also entails a limited amount of educational activities (teaching and supervision of master theses).
- You hold a PhD in Business, Economics, or a related field; candidates in the final stages of their PhD may also apply.
- You have a strong interest in finance related topics, preferably in empirical corporate finance.
- You have excellent command of both written and spoken English.
- You have a proactive, self-directed approach to work.
- A proven publication track record is a positive trait, but publication potential is highly important as well
- Teaching experience is a positive trait, but is not required.
We offer employment as a full-time postdoctoral researcher in a stimulating environment for a period of 1 year (which may be extended). The starting date for the PostDoc is October 1st 2017, but there is some flexibility to fit the selected candidate’s preferences. Your main office will be in Antwerp, but some research activities may take place at the Leuven campus.
More information on the university’s terms of employment can be foundon: http://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/en/working
For more information please contact Dr. Frederiek Schoubben, Coordinator of the Department of Financial Management, tel.: +32 3 201 18 31, mail: email@example.com or Prof. dr. Nico Dewaelheyns, Campus Dean, tel.: +32 3 201 18 63, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We require a motivation letter, resume, at least one reference that we may contact (e.g. PhD supervisor) and a one-page summary of your PhD.
You can apply for this job no later than 18/06/2017 via the online application tool