Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
The student is expected to choose a research topic within the area of model-based estimation and/or control of biological processes that is aligned to the general research direction of the group. Potential topics include:
- State estimation and control methods for heterogeneous cell populations
- Optimization-based models for biochemical processes and associated control methods
- Modelling and control of a gas fermentation process
- Master's degree in engineering including process control engineering, with strong overall marks (a minimum level of 'distinction')
- Previous experience with modelling, state estimation, and / or control methods for biological processes is desirable
- Very good English (written and verbal communication) for scientific interactions required
- Strong motivation and willingness to work at interdisciplinary boundaries
The successful candidate will be offered a PhD fellowship to become part of our international team with global research links to work towards a PhD. The initial contract will be for one year, and can be prolonged for up to 4 years total. Besides working on the research project, the candidate will also support the educational activities at the department.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Steffen Waldherr, tel.: +32 16 37 29 25, mail: email@example.com. Applications will be processed continuously as they are submitted.
You can apply for this job no later than 01/07/2017 via the online application tool